Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Therapy Toys

Let’s see. It has been a while since I posted last. Same boring life I guess.
Last week I decided to build some therapy tools/toys for Collin. I made a T-stool for him to use at primary to help him sit still. It is a one legged stool so he has to concentrate to balance and it keeps his feet grounded. My little boy is so smart that he immediately wedged it between two little chairs and doesn’t actually have to balance it. It actually still helps and he has been doing better.


I also built this funny board on wheels thing. It is for doing “heavy jobs”. When he gets too worked up he can lie on it on his belly and push himself with his arms. I saw both of these things in Collin’s Occupational Therapists office and we thought they might be helpful. Honestly though the board has been less of a success. The boys just use it the way one would expect boys to use a board on wheels – they zoom around the house on it and run into the walls!

0 comments: