Friday, May 30, 2008

Concrete

I am really tired. When I ordered the clothesline off the internet (they don’t sell any in stores around here) it all sounded pretty simple. Dig a hole, pour cement in, stick in pole. Hang up laundry on new clothesline and save lots of money on gas bill. So I started digging the hole today, I used my pick ax because I wanted the hole to be small but deep and our dirt is really dry and hard. I got about a foot down before I took my Bonnema’s advice and poured some water in the hole and took a break. When I came back it was SO much easier. The lady is a genius. I put some gravel in the hole and then tackled the mystery of concrete. I have never used concrete before so I called my dad for advice and so armed bought some concrete and mixed some and filled the hole about a third full as per the instructions. Now I am tired and don’t really want to finish.

Also, not related to concrete, Des’ company released its data this week and it was really, really bad. They only have that one drug so in about a couple weeks he is going to be unemployed. We always knew it was a real possibility but it still sucks.

What are you people in other parts of the country paying for gas? I paid $4.12/gallon for the cheep stuff this morning and was so shocked at the price that I only put twenty bucks in. It is time to sell the van; I only have two kids so it is really a waste.

Enough stalling. I am going to finish putting cement in that dumb hole.

1 comments:

Christine said...

Sorry about Des' job! I know how hard that is.
We're paying 3.97 here.
I've been meaning to cement down the poles of our swingset. Thanks for being my guinea pig!