Thursday, May 15, 2008

Resume help!

I need asked my professor if she could write me a recommendation for nursing school and she agreed and asked me to bring her the forms, my resume and a letter with more information about me on Friday at lab. That is TOMORROW!! As is happens I haven’t updated my resume in seven years! Does anyone have any experience with how I should or should not address my current job (stay at home mom) in my resume? Or should I just let the employment gap speak for itself?

Oh, and we didn't have strep, just some weird little virus that was pretty much gone by the time we got to our GP yesterday!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Nah, I wouldn't address it. It would be cool if you could list it as a job and include a huge job description, but, you know, don't.

Nursing school is so exciting!

Camille said...

I love the therapy toys you made and the birdhouse! Do you have woodworking tools at home? I'll probably suggest that chair to our Primary teachers. They have a few kids that would really benefit from it.

Hope your resume turned out well!

Anonymous said...

Nice t-stool! I'm very impressed with your woodworking skills :) I had a few kiddos use those in my classroom - they're awesome. You might try one of those big exercise type balls, too. They give a little more height (for working at a desk or table) and the same principle applies - must use extra energy to focus on balancing, so it eliminates a lot of extra movements. Also provides for bouncing a bit - which can be really helpful for some kiddos, too :) You're so creative! :)Tanya J.

maren bosley said...

Marie!
Just wondering how the iep went. Hopefully the plan that is set up will be the best for collin. Keep me posted!
maren