Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving

Since we moved to California we always do thanksgiving with my family. Why? Because the British don't celebrate thanksgiving. This year my mom decided that we would all go to Mexico for Thanksgiving. Again. Granted, Mexico is fun and the beach is nice but it is a long way to go. Rocky Point is a full days drive (including the 2 hour wait at the border) from my house which is much closer to some very nice beaches. Des was especially disappointed to miss the Black Friday sales which he thinks are the best part of the holiday. But enough complaining. We had fun and it was nice to see everyone!


We stopped to get those frozen fruit bars whose name I cannot spell (you know, the ones that are actually made of chunks of fruit). Collin usually can't eat all of one and it makes a huge mess so we got him ice cream this time. Apparently it was cold!

My dad took Collin and Bonnema out in the boat. Collin was apparently silent the whole time. When they got back he told me that a big wave came in the boat and got them all wet. I think he really enjoyed it despite the bath.





The first time my family went to Rocky Point - many years ago before I moved out and they stopped camping and started renting beach houses - some people told us about this great little bakery. It is a little place that bakes rolls and pastries in a wood fired oven. Here we are with our bread.



This is my Uncle David playing the guitar. He is a great musician and he even made that guitar!


Here is Collin playing in the sand. Surprisingly he was really good this year and stayed close to the house. Last year he made it halfway to the water, at night, before we noticed he was gone. Fortunately Peter is terrified of the ocean so I didn't have to worry about him.

Here is Trevor! He is the cutest little chunk ever, and happy as well! Aren't I a lucky auntie?

Eventually we did get around to thanksgiving dinner but we forgot to take a picture of the actual meal. I guess we were too busy eating all that good food! Here is one table of happy full people!

0 comments: