Friday, November 9, 2007

New quilts

I finally finished the baby quilt I was working on!


I have an endless supply of quilting projects waiting to be started (or finished). It seems that I like buying fabric more than I like actually quilting. I have made a rule that I am not allowed to start a new project until the last (more urgent) one is finished. So, as soon as I finished this last baby quilt I got started on a new one:
So should I use a pink or green fabric with these flowers? I think life must be easier for those who use patterns. I usually just make it up as I go which is probably why I am so slow.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Look at how nice your points fit together. How pretty! Mine are hopelessly embarrassing. I started that quilt for my sister and haven't worked on it in ages since I got to a part that requires effort - piecing nine piece patches out of little rectangles of two squares each. Does that make sense? It involves more pressing and accuracy than I want to think about these days. How in the world do you have time for all of this quilting with all that you do? I guess with the boys in school you have a little more free time. Maybe. I'd do some green in the pink flowered quilt...but then again you may not want to listen to me since I have such a bad eye for color!

Marie said...

Amanda-You should be strip piecing your nine paches. You arn't really cutting lots of little squares are you? I have gotten good at not loosing my points but did you notice that my pinwheels go in different directions? I really like pink and green together but I am not crazy about the green fabric in this collection. So I might have to do pink.

Amanda said...

I thought something was funky with those pinwheels! I was trying to figure out what it was, but now I see. It's still cute, though.