Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Art and Crafts

As a Christmas present for a member of my family I asked my uncle if he could make prints of a couple of my great grandmother's paintings. He is an artist, an inventor and generally a genius. The prints turned out so beautifully that I thought I would post a picture here! They turned out so perfectly - I actually kept the trial copies, the duds - they look great!




I was about to write that because my next class (Anatomy) doesn't start until the end of the month I had time to catch up on my quilting. The truth is that my dear friend Care is pregnant and I lost track of time (and her due date) and was shocked to learn on Wednesday that her baby shower was on Saturday. I panicked and rushed to the fabric store to buy fabric. I had the monkey squares but nothing else. That night I cut the fabric and pieced the quilt top and the next night I bound and quilted it. That's right. A two day baby quilt that I absolutely love and if I didn't love Care so much would have kept.





After I finished the monkey quilt I figured that since I had my machine out I might as well finish the Christmas quilts that I didn't have time for before Christmas because of that lovely trip to the emergency room. Just in case you think that I am really great or something I should mention that the small wall quilt was supposed to be Amanda's Christmas present LAST year. In truth I am a horrible friend. And Amanda, I mailed it yesterday, Merry Christmas!



1 comments:

Christine said...

Awesome! I really love the monkey one, it's so original!