Saturday, October 13, 2007

Never watch Barney again

We recently got cable TV and a DVR. I don’t really care about the cable but I really wanted the DVR. Mostly because I watch too much TV and if I record my shows I can go to bed earlier and watch them later. And I have watched much less TV. It turns out that when I go to bed earlier I don’t have as much time to watch TV and the shows just pile up on the DVR. I might never have time to watch them.

So far the best application has been with my kids. I set the DVR to record some of my favorite new PBS shows. Have you seen Word World, Super Why and Peep? They are really great (as far as children’s TV goes). Now there is no more whining about not wanting to watch what is on during the brief time I let them watch TV or having to listen to this months favorite movie over and over again. The best part is that Collin loves Super Why and has actually attempted to learn some letters. And I never have to watch or listen to Barney ever again.

1 comments:

Christine said...

I agree! I luuuv our DVR. I love word world but I haven't seen those others yet, I'll have to check them out! My older kids love Fetch with Ruff Ruffman, totally educational and fun!