Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Boredom

We are still safe and still not evacuated. There is a lot of smoke in the air so we can’t take it outside. This is a picture of our smoky sunrise.


We have been a bit bored stuck in the house all day. Yesterday my Grandma and I tied the quilt that I made this summer with my humanitarian quilting group. When it was finished I took it over to our local evacuation center/high school where it sat for about five seconds before being scooped up and taken into the gym. I had originally started the quilting group to send quilts off to far off places that needed disaster relief. Who knew they would be used for our own disaster?

My boys have also been very bored. However they have been a little less constructive in their activities. I found this in the boy’s room. My husband came in while I was cleaning it up and I asked him if he had seen it. He replied that he had and that he had taken a picture. So here it is:



Collin wanted his picture taken and I think he is pretty cute!


Schools here have been cancelled for the rest of the week. It is going to be a long, long week.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Yikes, stuck in the house WITH the kids! Good luck! The quilt is so pretty!

Amanda said...

Easy solution...come visit me for the week! You can help me with my quilt. We'll have a grand old time!