Saturday, July 12, 2008

Camping!

Last night we went camping! I haven't camped in nine years. I lived in a tent in a swamp for a couple of summers during college and backpacked through Europe and after that I had my fill of camping. I also became a wuss. I like sleeping in a bed and having a working toilet and a sink with soap. Des has slowly been stocking up on camping supplies from Target clearances so when the ward announced that there would be a camping trip this weekend we decided to go. It was pretty fun. The boys were a bit hard to keep track of and we did go through a lot of clothes and bandaids but over all I think it was a success.

Collin and Peter had a great time in the tent and especially enjoyed jumping on the air mattresses.
We had a yummy pancake breakfast. Thank goodness for camp stoves - we were only allowed charcoal fires because of the fire risk. Cooking over gas was so much faster.
There were lots of kids around so the kids kept themselves pretty busy.
We went on a little hike (I am out of shape and very sore) down an old road to a ranch house.
We met some riders on the way and Collin got to ride the horse! Peter (my animal lover) is still too afraid of the real thing to have a ride. Maybe someday.

1 comments:

Sierra said...

I want to go camping...