Saturday, June 28, 2008

Quilt for Care's Sister

My friend Care (who is amazing) has this sister (also amazing) who is turning fifty next week. For her birthday Care is collecting 50 quilts for her sister to give to charity (since she doesn't like to be fussed over herself). I had this quilt top that I put together a while ago using 1930 reproduction fabrics and I kind of didn't like anymore. I finished it yesterday and it turned out to be really beautiful! OK, it is a bit bunchy but I am OK with that. I have such a backlog of unfinished projects it is nice to get this one finished. Next, Sydney's quilts!

2 comments:

Sydney Davis said...

Did you say quiltS?? Yeah!

Camille said...

What a great idea for someone's birthday, and it got an unfinished project off your shelf! Congratulations on Collin kindergarten placement, even though the process was so rough.